We are a rustic haven located in the Southern Appalachian Mountains of northwest Georgia with IMBA Epic trails located right in our back yard.
The mission of Mulberry Gap is to provide a “home away from home” within the beautiful north Georgia mountains. Our goal is to provide personal, caring service to the needs of mountain bikers, along with the rustic comfort of our accommodations and meal service. We are a private, safe haven for all and invite you to come and enjoy the splendor of Mulberry Gap!
Not a mountain biker? That’s okay! All outdoor enthusiasts are welcome, whether your sport is hiking, kayaking, rafting, climbing, fishing, geocaching or someone looking for relaxation, peace and serenity found in nature. Tell us how we can help you create your own personal adventure!
Mulberry Gap Mountain Bike Get-A-Way is located 12 miles west of downtown Ellijay in the Chattahoochee National Forest. We are the southeast’s best kept secret! Single track mountain bike trails including the Georgia Pinhoti trail system, scenic forest service roads, home cooked meals, lodging, camping and good times.
- Ride out to IMBA Epic Pinhoti trail system
- Home cooked meals – delicious and plenty of it!
- Sleeping cabins – single, group or couple options
- Camping – tent or small RV
- Hot showers & hot tubs
- Flexible check-in & check-out
- Trail and area maps
- Bike wash
- Bike stand
- Availability of repair tools & basic parts
- Availability of riding nutrition & basic bike parts
- Community the of other mountain bikers
- Traveling companions can choose different trails or ride at their own speed & distance
- Wi-fi, 60-inch flat screen TV, cable, movies, games and books for your enjoyment
- Enjoy fire pits with wood available for purchase
- Event barn
- Pet friendly
- Day riders welcome
- Both Mulberry Gap and all trails are open year round!
Ride Out From Mulberry Gap
Total of 80 miles of single track trails offers a variety of challenge and fun for intermediate to advanced riders:
- scenic, canopied trails
- loops, out & back, point to point
- steep & gradual climbs
- stream crossings, switchbacks
- seasonal views & overlooks
- ridgeline & wildlife openings
- roller coaster descents
- technical trail options
- Elevation gain 14,521 – Elevation loss 15,845
- Scenic connecting forest service roads can add hundreds of miles to your route
- Excellent training routes for teams or individuals
Onsite availability of staff
- First Responder on site – Andrew Gates mountain bike and know the trails
- For supported, guided rides and multi-day tours
- Mountain Bike Instruction available – IMBA (ICP) Instructor Certification Program graduates
- Trail recommendations and information
- For equipment failure, forgotten supplies or other needs
- Staff lives on property and available 24/7
Read up on the local trails
There is a great article about Mulberry Gap places to ride in North Georgia in Dirt Rag, enjoy!
Here’s what Mountain Bike Action had to say about Ellijay’s trails!